Thursday 27 February 2014

Sunshine in our life

The sun is shining again in Svalbard. It feels already like the polar night is far behind. We have had a really warm winter, meaning that it has been mostly just couple of minus centigrades. It looks like that scooter season won't be that good. But for me it has been just perfect to have our daily walks without worries about frostbites. In stead I have been worried that our baby might get it too hot in his sleeping bag made of sheep skin.

We're really enjoying our new everyday life with our son. Days are going quickly with him and our faithful black coated companion. One thing which is very low priorised is time used in the front of screen. As we're not having TV that's already pretty low but lately I haven't used much time in the front of lap top either. So it might be that I might update this blog less regularly.

9 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I wrote you some days ago from Italy (I think you remember).

    Also we didn't have a cold winter (6-7 C° everydays) but a lot of rain.

    As I'd like to have a friend from Svalbard I'd want to send you some photos of Faroe Islands (you told me that you'd like to visit this place) that I've taken in my different travels there but unluckily I can't send mail at your adress, I received your answer last time but I can't reply, I don't know why, I'm sorry...

    Best regards to you and your family!

    Matteo (this is my name, rinaldo, the name in the mail adress is my father's name).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hei Matteo, sorry I called you Rinaldo! Not always easy with those names :)

      That was strange that you couldn't send an email. Maybe you try again: nattsnakk@live.no. Should be working!

      Delete
  2. Hi there,

    How's going up there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hei! We are doing really fine here, I just haven't updated the blog anymore. Our son had grown up and is such a fantastic little charmer. And our dog is doing also fine, getting well along with the new "puppy". Longyearbyen is a good place to live with a little baby.

      Delete
  3. That's very nice to hear.
    I wish you had more time to update this blog :)))
    I refuse to remove this blog from my bookmarks ! :)
    Every time this song comes on radio, Svalbard is on my mind:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d5xudgoB2A
    Warm wishes from Estonia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a really nice song! I haven't heard it earlier, but I got it totally in my hearth. That would have been my story! I would also like that our son learns to like that land far away without day and night :)

      I'm happy you enjoyed the blog :D Maybe I start to update it one day, never know. But now I use the days with my family and friends without toughing too much iPad.

      Our best greetings for you! My sister have been visiting quite much Estonia and I would like to do that as well one day. I'm dreaming a nice family holiday in Saaremaa :D

      Delete
  4. Ha-haaa world is so small :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Nattsnakk. Just wondering what you are up to these days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking! I’m still living in Svalbard and enjoying my life here. But since we’re having now kids I don’t want to use time for updating the blog and I also want to keep my kids life out of media.

      Delete